Submitting Pennsic.Net Articles
Write an article for Pennsic.Net on something you know well, and...
This is Pennsic.Net's newest interactive forum. Now YOU have the
opportunity to speak your mind or share your wisdom on an issue that is
important to you... and many, many others! We are encouraging anyone who
has been to Pennsic and feels that they could write an article on
some aspect of this great War to come forth.
- Share your experience...
- Tell others "how it really is..."
- Explore new points of view...
- Reach thousands of Pennsic War fanatics...
- Become famous!
Here is a list of articles we are soliciting for at this time, including some
questions/issues we feel each article should address. Your article doesn't
have to answer everything about the topic -- just write about what you
If you have an idea for an article not related to any of these topics,
please inquire to us using the Comment form
and include the topic and a brief outline.
- A First-timer's Guide to Land Grab
- What to expect at Land Grab
- What to do before Pennsic, and When
- Tips for success (Do's and Don'ts)
- How to resolve conflicts (allocation, personal, etc)
- Running the Perfect Pennsic Party
- Security, ID's, Minors
- Aesthetics: camp size, lighting, decor
- Safety: fires, walkways, inebriation
- Publicizing before and at Pennsic
- Running a Successful A&S Class
- Viewpoints from the Top of Mt. Eislinn
- Are the new hilltop campsites a good idea?
- Life up top: Quieter, spacious,... lonely?
- Security for Children at War
- Tips for First-timer Parents
- Cellphones and Family Radios - Have they gone too far?
- Getting around the payphone shortage
- Period alternatives to radios
- "Hey buddy, can you keep that squauk down?"
- Shopping Tips
- How to get the best deal
- How to find that rare, one-of-a-kind thingy
- Life on the Battlefield
- How Pennsic battles may differ from your local event
- Armor care and security
Criteria and Conditions
- There is no minimum size (recommended at least 500 words)
- Maximum size: 5,000 words
- Pictures related to the article are encouraged!
- Jpeg, PNG or GIF preferred
- Max. 10 per article
- You may also supply a picture of yourself if you wish.
- HTML formatting is suggested but not required. Submissions can be in
plaintext, HTML or Microsoft® Word.
- Web links to personal websites are acceptable as long as:
- They are appropriate to the topic, or to the author's home page.
- The link does not point to a commercial or for-profit website.
- Submissions become the property of Pennsic.Net, however you will
be credited for your work unless you request to remain anonymous
- All articles and pictures are reviewed by Pennsic.Net staff. Grammatical
and spelling corrections will be made, however we will try to keep
your article intact as much as possible.
- Articles will not be published on Pennsic.Net if:
- Content may be considered offensive by more than a few people
- Content does not provide any new information over articles
that have already been published
- Content not relevant to Pennsic War, early-period recreationism or the S.C.A.
- Sufficient articles in the same topic have already been published.
- Article contains copyrighted material that cannot be legally
reproduced/distributed on Pennsic.Net
Use the form below to submit your article:
Pennsic.net Home -
Pennsic People Database -
Didn't find what you're looking for? Try the Index of Topics
©1995-2012 Alexander. All Rights
Last modified: 09-March-2002