BYO (Bring-Your-Own) Notebooks - Virtual Office Services
Want to go to Pennsic War, but your employer can't do without you?
Why not... Take your job to War, and telecommute out of Mystic Mail?!
Work during the day...
Party all night!
It's the perfect solution for those who can't go to Pennsic War
unless they can still "commute to the office." It's become
so popular, that in 2007 we doubled the seating space for BYO Notebook
What we offer:
- Comfortable desk space
- Broadband internet access
- Excellent work environment, shaded, fan cooled on hot days. Bottled
water to help keep you hydrated
- 120V power, filtered and UPS backed
- Access to scanner and printer(s)
- Open both weeks of Pennsic War
- If you are interested in learning more about this service or
would like to pre-register space in our facility , we ask that
you submit us an inquiry and tell us
your detailed question.
Commonly Asked Questions - BYO Notebook Service
- What systems do you support?
- A: Any notebook running most operating systems that have a wired
network card (RJ-45) with DHCP.
- Do you rent network adapters?
- A: No. Your notebook needs to be pre-configured with an internal
or external network adapter.
- What are the BYO Notebook rates?
- A: Same as regular access rates.
Pre-paid card and bulk rates are available.
- Can I use pre-paid (discount) rates for the BYO Notebook service?
- A: Yes. Inquire for special rates
for usage of 10+ hours.
- Can I rent desk space (without internet access)?
- A: Yes! We will offer a special "basic office" rate
where you can use your notebook with 120v power for long terms
in the comfort of our pavilion.
- Will you have Wi-Fi or another wireless access?
- A: No. Access will be available only from our booth via 10BaseT
(RJ-45) wired cable.
- Do you support VPN?
- A: Yes. Contact us in advance if you have specific requirements.
In most cases, VPN tunneling will work on our network.
- Can I download/upload large files?
- A: Yes - we have Broadband internet access!
- What is your transfer rate?
- A: It's broadband fast. Speeds up to 1.5 mbit/sec may be seen
at times. Note: peak or sustained bandwidth is not guaranteed.
- Can I access your printer and scanner from my notebook?
- A: Printer: definitely, though you may need to install drivers
which we can provide. Standard media rates apply
to all printed pages.
- A: Scanner: maybe, to be determined later.
- Will I be able to leave my equipment at your facility overnight?
- A: Sorry, we cannot accept responsibility for others' equipment.
- Can I share my notebook with others?
- A: As part of our non-compete requirements, we ask that there
be no more than two persons per system while on our network. Remember
that we will have our own systems that can be rented by the minute
or by the hour.
- Can I bring my own notebook and play Quake/Doom/Halo or whatever?
- A: Yes, though we ask you to bring headphones to keep the noise
- — We reserve the right to deny service to any user or
- — Owner/user assumes responsibility for security of their
system and protection against intrusion, viruses and trojans. We
strongly recommend installation of a fully up-to-date virus scanner
anytime you are connected to a network.